Announcement Time


Hello friends. Today I have a not so secret announcement to make - it was posted to Facebook yesterday. I have resigned from Bitten By The Bug 2 and passed the baton on the blog. I had been contemplating moving on for some time. I have served as leader of the BBTB2 Design Team and Owner of the blog for five years and I thought it was time for a change, both for the blog and for me personally.

Several factors contributed to my decision.  First, I am loving miniature making and though I will continue paper crafting, it may not be weekly.

Second, as many of you know, my mother suffers from Alzheimer's disease and lives with us. Her condition is, quite naturally, worsening. She needs more attention and I know this is going to get more difficult, not less. 


Third, my daughter and son-in-law have asked me to provide childcare for Avaleigh and Jude through the end of the school year, about seven weeks. And while I know I am super-Gramma, I don't believe that I am super woman and can do it all at once!

While I have stepped away from Bitten by the Bug 2, the blog and weekly challenges will go on.  I have passed the team on to two very organized and extremely creative team members. I see only good things coming for the blog and the Design Team. 


I will be spending my days with my mom and with Avaleigh and Jude (top two photos). I also hope to spend more time with our little guy, Nathan (above), as well.  And yes, I will be building another dollhouse, but probably not as quickly as the first!

Lastly, I will continue to post here, on Busy with the Cricky, my personal blog!



4 comments:

  1. You have done an amazing job with BBTB!!! You will definitely need to free up your time for your family commitments. Thanks Susan for all the creativity you have shared with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for your new adventures and sending you strength as you deal with your mother's illness. You have been a wonderful leader at BBTB2 and I have been so lucky to get to "know" you while serving on the design team. Good luck, have fun and enjoy life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the next steps on your journey, and thanks for all the creativity over the years at BBTB2 - the original BBTB was my very first design team, and close to my heart. Looking forward to seeing the new build photos (I’m struggling a bit with mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your work and creativity that you have shared on the BBTB2 blog. That blog started me on my blogging journey and I always enjoy participating as I can. Adorable grandchildren..I know they will be getting lots of hugs! Prayers and best wishes for you and your family as you take this next step.
    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete